Winter 2020 Poetry CSA

Sign up (or gift) a share in my Poetry 'CSA'.

Think of it as Community Shared Art, instead of Community Shared Agriculture.

A harvest of poetry.
Like an agricultural CSA, you won't know exactly what the harvest will be, except that you will will receive a new poem by me each week

Join me as I continue to work on my Interview with a River poems, building toward a full collection. Last year's members enjoyed visual poems, site-specific/installed, poems co-created with the river and other experiments. Who knows what I'll get up to this winter!

Member benefits

Beginning early January, you will receive at minimum one new poem from me each week for a season (three months).

You'll be the first to read the poems, and will receive weekly emails that share background info about the project, my thinking behind the poems, and other writerly news.

At the end of the season, I will create a chapbook of the poems and send each member a signed copy.

How to join?

- Decide how much you would like to contribute for your share.
- All shares are gratefully accepted, and no share is too small or too generous.*
- Join anytime during the CSA season.
- Join via Paypal by sending your membership amount to: paypal.me/sophieanneedwards (simply enter that address into your browser and follow the steps).
- Alternatively, send your member share by e-transfer to: sophieanneedwards@gmail.com
- Send me your email and snail mail addresses, or that of the person to whom you are gifting the membership, to: sophieanneedwards@gmail.com
- Giving this as a gift?! I will send you a digital e-card for you to share with the lucky 'gift-ee'

* If there isn't enough in the share pool to cover the printing and shipping of the chapbooks (approx $10 per person), I will create a digital edition.

About me:

I am a curator, artist, writer and geographer (PhD ABD) living on Manitoulin Island | Mnidoo Mnising. I received a Certificate in Creative Writing from Humber College where I studied with Olive Senior and D.M. Thomas. I have a forthcoming chapter in a book on GeoPoetics (editors: Sarah DeLeeuw and Eric Magrane). Poems from last years' CSA have been published in Arc Poetry Magazine, Everyone's Talking About Strawberries, Empty Mirror, League of Canadian Poets Poetry Pause, and are forthcoming in the Capilano Review. Visit my blog for links to the poems. I was the founding A.D./E.D. of 4elements Living Arts and its Elemental Festival, and was the creative/organizational lead on the Billings Connections Trail project, which received the 2017 Lieutenant Governor cultural heritage award. I am passionate about walking, fieldbooks, creative field research, moss, water, and books, of course.


Comments

Popular Posts