Walking Poem



For years I have been curating and designing creative engagements for folks: the walking course, the Fieldbook Project (with Heather Thoma), the Drawing Box Project...
Finally, I have some time to go out on my own and create my own work. This walking poem is created using my body and the motion of walking through deep snow without snowshoes, a piece of graphite tied to a string. I managed 305 steps in the almost hip height snow.
The finished poem was shared with my Poetry CSA members. As I promised to not publish any of those poems during the CSA season, I'll only share the process image for now. To see the finished poem and others from the season, join my CSA (it's easy, you name your member fee, and you get a poem a week for the season).
The poems are part of a new series titled 'Interview with a River'. To this I bring sensibilities of critical geography, geopoetics, non-representational practices, and walking/field researh as a methodology.

Comments

Popular Posts