We have moved into ice again; I am glad I went to the river yesterday.

This week I created a series of three poems that continue my experiment to co-create with the river. I found a sheet of ice that had dropped from the edge of the river to create a smooth shelf of ice along the edge where the sheet separated from the shore. I stepped down onto the detached sheet. I had ink in my bag as I'd wanted to write on ice but had not idea how or where until I found that spot. I brushed the poem onto the ice and it spread like roots. The lower shelf of ice was creaking and snapping. It may not be there tomorrow. The ice at the falls has changed dramatically in the last week. 

These three ice poems are dedicated to Doug, an old friend. We spoke this week after 30 years. He had me remembering things I had forgotten, and thinking about memory itself.

To order a print of the poem, contact me at: sophieanneedwards @ gmail





Comments

Popular Posts