my (small press) writing day

I joined Twitter over the holidays. Suddenly I have become connected to many writers and presses. For some reason I was invited by the talented and prodigious Rob McLennan to contribute a piece about my writing life to one of his blog projects. I am deeply appreciative of conversations and spaces that allow for the writing life to be one includes those that are little published, re/turning to writing and are emergent (regardless of age). I shared my post on Twitter, and used my first hash tags, once of which was #startingagainat50.

I am starting again. In my creative life, writing and visual work... I finally feel like I am beginning to breathe again, which helps as I grieve the lost years and how much of myself I gave away. I am teaching myself to see what I gave away as compost, a rich hummusy soil that will nourish new seeds and return me/to me.

To read the guest blog, visit: http://mysmallpresswritingday.blogspot.com/2019/01/sophie-anne-edwards-writing-day.html

Comments

Popular Posts