Text/ile

A couple of weeks ago, I started a mentorship with the amazing Judy Martin. (Feeling quite blessed.) Thank-you CSARN for the support.

I will spend a few hours a month with Judy over the coming year. During this time I will develop the concept for, and create an installation-based work for exhibition that explores the relationship between text and textile.

Right now, my exploration includes writing in a fieldbook, learning stitches, creating embroidered 'drafts'; walking along the Kagawong River has become part of my creative thinking. I have no idea where this will go, but it feels like another fieldbook project.

One of the questions I am asking is: how does text become spatial / how do we experience text spatially?

I came across the traces of a grouse party on the road. Traces - tracks - lines - 3D text.



Comments

Popular Posts